"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." -Coco Chanel



Friday, January 5, 2018

A New Year, A New Me

Hello my fellow Sophisticates, and Happy New Year! I hope that 2017 treated you well and that 2018 will bring you happiness and health. My 2017 was perhaps one of the most stressful and difficult years of my life. Working three jobs, going to school full-time, and the lack of free time definitely wore me down but now that it is a new year, I am embracing all of the new possibilities that may come and cannot wait to leap over life's new obstacles. I typically do not make any New Years resolutions, but I figured that this year might be the year to tackle one or two. My first resolution for 2018 is, do what you haven't allowed yourself to do before. This includes going out on a school night, saying no to stressful opportunities, and allowing myself to work towards a career I will love and be happy with for the rest of my life. Although it does not sound like an interesting resolution, I feel that it will allow me to live a happier, healthier, and more stress-free life. My second resolution is not a very foreign concept at this time in a new year: to allow myself to become healthier and happier (in both my mind and my body). As someone who is new to creating and completing resolutions, I figured these two would be good ones to start with.

In addition to my resolutions, I have goals that I would like to reach when it comes to my blog, YouTube channel, and for you guys! I would like to be able to post at least one blog post and one YouTube video each week for the entire year. This goal might be forgotten or abandoned by the end of 2018, but I figured it might be a nice thing for me to attempt and stick to throughout the year. Staying true to my goal, I have posted three videos to my YouTube channel for you all to enjoy in this first month of the new year.

Hopefully you have enjoyed all of my past content and will continue to enjoy the content I have planned throughout the new year. Let me know if you have any goals or resolutions that you are planning on sticking to in this new year and if you will be finding new ways to hold yourself accountable! Hope you all are having a wonderful start to 2018! Until next post x


a.k.a. The Sophisticated Shopper


No comments:

Post a Comment